January 3rd, 2005 | Tags: osv.
In no particular order:
- Remain informed about world events without frothing or obsessing. If this means subscribing to a dead-trees news source and not getting any “real” news from the internet, so be it.
- Cease allowing televised sporting events to affect blood pressure, pulse, or frequency of profane/malicious utterances.
- Read more, read more slowly, and take better notes. (This applies to all reading materials.)
- Prepare (or purchase) more interesting, healthier food. Eat at dining room table, conversing with Andrea, instead of on couch in front of television.
- Unsubscribe from any RSS or Atom syndication feed that doesn’t offer full articles; with very few exceptions, I don’t have the time to decide if an article is worth reading from a thirteen-word excerpt, and excerpt-laden feeds are extremely unfriendly to offline reading.
- Watch at least one good movie and one bad movie every month.
- Improve frequency and quality of personal correspondence with friends and family.
- Get things done.
I’m currently listening to Ciaccona from the album “Morimur” by The Hilliard Ensemble/Christopher Poppen/J. S. Bach